Adulthood is not immune from ADHD. Adults with ADHD occasionally go untreated. Problems with relationships at work or home may result from the symptoms.
At older ages, symptoms may emerge differently; for instance, hyperactivity may manifest as severe restlessness. In response to the increased demands of maturity, symtoms may worsen.
ADHD specialist, Toronto can help in diagnosing this issue. But how to prepare for the doctor’s appointment? Let’s find that out below.
Reasons for ADHD
Researchers are trying to determine the possible causes and risk factors for ADHD to treat patients properly and lower the risk of someone getting it. Current research indicates that heredity plays a significant role in ADHD, despite the unknown cause(s) and risk factors. A recent study relates genetic causes to ADHD.
Scientists are looking for the potential causes and risk factors of the ADHD, such as:
- Brain damage.
- Exposing yourself to dangers during pregnancy.
- Smoking and drinking while pregnant.
- Premature birth.
- Low birth weight.
What Should You Do Before You Go For A Treatment?
Now that you know the possible risk factors of ADHD, let’s talk about how you should prepare yourself before the doctor’s appointment. We have mentioned a few things you need to keep in mind before meeting your doctor:
- Bring a copy of your checked-off list when you go to your appointment.
- List the incidents that led you to believe you could have ADHD. Any inquiries should be prepared in advance and brought with you.
- To help you plan your conversation, consult the Symptom Checklist. Keep track of any trends or symptoms that only appear at particular times of the day.
Before leaving the appointment, note your doctor’s suggested next steps. Before you leave the doctor’s office, go over the next steps one last time.
Visit your doctors frequently, tell them how you’re doing, and see if anything has changed.
ADHDs is still a little foggy in the medical world. However, if you think you have it, consider consulting a doctor and getting treated to understand the problem and find the required solutions.