On May 18, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) announced the NDA 2 openings for 2022. For the National Defense Academy and Indian Naval Academy, the openings have been announced individually for the Army, Navy, and Air Force. For NDA 2 2022, a total of 400 positions have been made available. NDA Vacancies 2022 for female candidates have not changed. 19 of the 400 NDA places at the National Defense Academy are reserved for female applicants. The Indian Naval Academy has no openings for female applicants.
On December 22, 2021, the NDA 1 vacancies for 2022 were announced. There were 400 open positions posted for the exam, but only 19 of those positions were open to female candidates.
The Indian Naval Academy Courses and the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the NDA are both admitted through the NDA exam, which is administered by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The written exam and SSB Interview are both parts of the NDA selection process.
Let’s break down the NDA vacancies 2022 for both female and male candidates and discuss other important related details in length.
NDA Vacancies 2022 for Women
In NDA 1 & 2 2022, there are just 19 openings designated for women. The Ministry of Defense had asked the Supreme Court for more time to respond to the Supreme Court’s ruling regarding the National Defense Academy’s increased intake of female applicants. In this regard, the Center informed the Supreme Court that the selection of female cadets for the NDA was a significant policy choice and that it would take some time to consider the long-term effects on cadet deployment in the armed forces.
The Centre filed its affidavit after a bench made up of Justice Sanjay Kaul and MM Sundresh served notice on the Union, asking it to explain why the number of openings for women candidates was set at 19, the same as it was for the NDA 2021 exam.
3,57,197 people showed up for the NDA 2 2021 exam out of a total of 5,75,854 applicants. The NDA 2 2021 written exam was passed by 8009 candidates overall, 1002 of whom were women.
NDA Vacancies 2022
Vacancies for NDA 1 and 2 in 2022 have been made public. Below is a breakdown of the available positions at the various defence schools.
|Academy||Wings||No. of Vacancies|
|NDA||Army||208 (including 10 for female candidates)|
|Navy||42 (including 3 for female candidates)|
|Air Force||(i) Flying-92 (including 2 for female candidates)
(ii) Ground Duties (Tech)-18 (2 for female candidates)
(iii) Non-Technical Ground Duties- 10 (including 02 for female candidates)
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)||–||30 (for male candidates only)|
NDA Vacancies 2022: Few Important Points
Below are a few key points regarding NDA vacancies:
- The availability of training capacity at the National Defense Academy and Indian Naval Academy may cause NDA openings to vary.
- Candidates must clearly state the services they want to be evaluated for on the online NDA application form, in the order of their preferences.
- Candidates are also recommended to enter as many preferences as they desire for NDA recruitment so that preferences as per their ranks in the merit list can be taken into consideration for making appointments.
- Candidates should be aware that under NDA recruitment 2022, they will only be given consideration for appointments to those services for which they have stated a preference.
- Any requests for additions or modifications to the choices listed in the NDA Recruitment 2022 application will not be considered by UPSC.
- Candidates would be given admission based on their SSB Interview and NDA Written Exam results.